Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fellow Sites

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Earth's Mightiest Heroes // A SuperWhoAvengeLock RP
Lost is only a Start EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 4:39 am by Guest

» Fujin (WIP)
Lost is only a Start EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 8:28 pm by Elodie

» ZapdosZulu, pokemon RP
Lost is only a Start EmptyWed May 13, 2015 1:20 pm by Guest

» The Mysste Region [lb] - Pokemon Roleplay
Lost is only a Start EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 5:05 am by Guest

» Mirage Hearts: Kingdom Hearts Alternate
Lost is only a Start EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 12:39 pm by Guest

» The Month System
Lost is only a Start EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 3:41 pm by Leo

» Great Escapes lead To Greater Beginnings
Lost is only a Start EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 11:58 pm by Ptolemy Ravenway

» Never Dream of...
Lost is only a Start EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 7:37 pm by Riley Oran

» The Continuity System
Lost is only a Start EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 1:26 pm by Riley Oran

» Akrasia: Fantasy Wolf RPG
Lost is only a Start EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 9:37 pm by Guest

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 65 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:43 am
Statistics
We have 92 registered users
The newest registered user is meryil

Our users have posted a total of 1860 messages in 540 subjects

Lost is only a Start

2 posters

Go down

Lost is only a Start Empty Lost is only a Start

Post by Eclipse Fri May 09, 2014 2:34 am

One could only hope that they had the right directions to get where they are going, for Etsu, he could only hope he had the wrong set for a great adventure. Although today he could only find himself lost further away from his place of preference than he had wish, but wasn't his intentions to go somewhere unknown and unexplored by himself. The day wasn't lost by a long shot, at least, the way Etsu interpreted that for the fact that it was already starting to have the sunset, when Etsu was considering such an idea. He wasn't an idiot though, he was just trying to look on the brighter sides of things, otherwise things could be really hectic for him. Long ago, he got introduced to what was known as Chaos and he began trying to manipulating it, he seemed to have the capability and talent for such an endeavor, so he was forced to pursue it at times. The rewards of which from doing so haven't shown themselves to be positive or negative for the fact that he can handle it rather well compared to a normal person, but then again, he wasn't already considered normal.

By this time he found himself at the edge of a Kingdom's walls, it seemed like it was such a busy place to him, a place that he could explore. Somewhere that all traveler would pass through to both exit and enter this place and as such it was a place filled with much order and chaos as people regulated it with order, but those entering would find it to be a odd form of chaos. This was where Etsu would bid his time, sitting out in a general gathering place for the entrance, but he was mostly off to the side of it, not wishing to jump into the middle of the mess quite. With his left hand, he drew out his compass from a pocket and studied it for a time as it attempted to tell him where north was but failed miserably, this didn't matter, however because he had another use in mind for it. Something that would probably by far entertain him more than if it actually work like it was suppose too.

"So what shall come of it?" He asked himself and put a small smile on his face.

It seemed that only forces far beyond himself could possibly hold that answer for him.

Eclipse

Back to top Go down

Lost is only a Start Empty Re: Lost is only a Start

Post by Rammus Triggon Sat May 10, 2014 9:36 pm

"Shall come of what kid?"

Rammus' red irises flashed in the light as he looked down on the boy watching a broken compass. He lay above hi on the top of the wall, and once acknowledged he would rise up into a handstand in a flowing and acrobatic way then flipped off the wall, doing a single roll midair before landing gently on his feet and facing him. He wore no armor, but a simple pair of cloth pant's and a lose shirt that was open in the front.

Rammus had only quickly been able to return to the temple after a trip to Carish to try and enlist more manipulators that had not already been indoctrinated into their military police. He had no luck and took the trip through The Barren alone for two and a half weeks only to be sent back that way a day after arrival. More manipulators had popped up in the small desert kingdom beyond Carish and he was sent to check it out.

So there he packed up and went again through the Barren, dropping by Carish to pack up again and heading out another week just to arrive at this little trade city. He  had already done his part, and spoke to the king. He had gotten every man and woman with abilities that wished to come, but no children. This was unfortunate, children are shaped into the most powerful of manipulators, like Rammus.

He was actually getting ready to leave and was just resting on the wall. His attention turned back to the boy, flashback complete, "Also, what brings you around here?"
Rammus Triggon
Rammus Triggon

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclipse Sun May 11, 2014 12:10 am

At first, things did seem to appear quite peaceful and calm to Etsu, it was not something that chaos would often associate itself with, but Chaos and a chaotic person can very well live in society and order. It was a question however, of how far would they go before their values could be changed and they weren't the same person as they were before. However for any person like Etsu, defining what you are exactly isn't quite so easy, when you can't quite make up your mind of which side you stand for. It was also, why the job of being a mercenary was so appealing to one that couldn't decide for himself based on his own decisions would just go to whoever was willing to pay him to do the job. Whether he was protecting or attacking, good or evil, that really didn't matter too much for hi, to be exact he cared for all of his allies and enemies. Well, cared for in the way that they were a living person just like him, but he held no hatred for them opposing him or what he was currently standing for. So as a man that seemed quite curious about him approached, had questions in mind, but none fearing as if he were a problem. He probably should ask how he had learned to move so gracefully as he jumped from the way with great skill on display, a man that he wanted no troubles with.

"What shall come from time, the future, was what I was referring to." He stated, kindly giving an answer and having a slight smile on his face. trying to show that he was friendly, and should come across as anything bad, however, the scar across his eyes probably didn't help his appearance, although if you looked beyond that you would probably see a kind person. The person continued to question him and specifically asked what he was doing in a place like this. It was a question that struck him as odd, but perhaps it was just himself, but he knew that even as unusual as he was, his instincts were of another thing. He decided that he would at least answer the question honestly but would the person actually believe him was the one thing that was left in his mind. "Apparently I got lost on my way to elsewhere, but I've decided to rest in this town." He explained as his purpose.

"Did you know it is good, to introduce yourself before you question people? At least I feel it is. Would you mind doing so?" He asked shortly after answering.

He looked over the person before him carefully, taking notice that this man wore no Armour, but even without it, he could feel that this person could easily intimidate others if he ever wanted. He stood a bit taller than himself probably, and to add to this was that red, which laid not only in his hair but those eyes that he looked into closely, and found himself looking away for a moment after, he just couldn't bring himself to look so easily at those eyes, they were so much better compared to his though, his eyes that were mainly blue, but green was hinted in one eye, and brown in the other. This man also hand no Armour was a point that he focused on after the eyes, with such grace and skill in going off the wall earlier, he could understand that this man definitely wouldn't fight with Armour if he did. Etsu fought with the bare minimum to at least protect some precious spots and make sure that he wouldn't lose his arms and legs easily. There was definitely, a great amount of difference between the two of them from what he could tell, but he wonder why he had taken an interest in him. Hopefully, his introduction would give him some of the answers that he was seeking.

Eclipse

Back to top Go down

Post by Rammus Triggon Sun May 11, 2014 12:51 am

The man surveyed the strange stranger as he spoke. He was normal in many aspects. He had a minimal armor and sword and shield warrior style, a typical and common move for mercenaries and less wealthy warriors of fate and fortune. However many things about him were odd, how he spoke and how he held himself. A air about him that no other man in the plaza held. He seemed very much a servant of cause and effect, something Rammus could relate too. If he could manipulate also he may be able to draw him to The Temple. The Teacher could use some men of fortune and fate.

Actually in recent years the Teacher had become increasingly hostile towards training in any more than a singular element, and at most two at once. He found a scroll of a Teacher from many, many generations ago and it spoke of a legend of three prodigal monks who learned to master all elements with near no limits. The legend goes that after gaining all the powers of the world, the reached out to space and gained that too and became heroes to Midland. There greed for more power ended up costing the country and is what caused The Shattering, so the legend goes and it was nothing but a legend until the Teacher found that scroll two years ago, now he is paranoid.

"Rammus, I am but a simple monk, but across the kingdoms I am known as the voice and envoy of the Temple. You are?" He placed a hand on his hips and allowed a small smile. He removed a small peach from his pocket and took out a juicy bite. Peaches were very nice, and luckily within his dietary restrictions. After the bite and during the strangers response he would begin to spin the peach on his finger perfectly, and seemingly without focus. That is false partially, being Rammus is always focused.
Rammus Triggon
Rammus Triggon

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclipse Sun May 11, 2014 9:33 pm

If Etsu was a more observant person and one that had reason in his head, he probably would be a bit more curious about the temple and the monk that stood before him, but his reasoning and attention seemed to be quite a bit overwhelmed at the moment, he couldn't tell why but Chaos seemed to be acting up a bit within him. What was worse was that he had the slightest desire to grab hold of more chaos, however if he expelled the chaos that he had held up in the middle of this town, he was unsure of the effects, he suppose that a commotion might start, or it might begin to rain since they were in the desert. He had nothing else that he could possibly do, and he knew if he let himself get completely consumed by the chaos, he wasn't quite sure his mind and being would go, also if they could ever be recovered. So he released the chaos within himself, ever so slightly, and one could take note that small clouds were coming together in the sky, growing a sort of dark color, but no rain would fall just yet it seemed as it passed overhead. This man was the voice of the temple, something that Etsu was aware of but never desired knowledge of, besides the basic, so this should be quite an interesting encounter should it continue beyond this.

"I'm Etsu, Mercenary, and known to some as the Child of the Barrens, for my talents emerged before I left that place as a kid. I believe your people are one of the few that can understand such people, those that can manipulate elements." He stated to Rammus. "But tell me, have you ever heard of or seen a person that can manipulate something that isn't an actually element of nature?" He asked. "I suppose it exists in nature, but it is not something one can touch, but can feel." he added at the end.

He felt as if he had no worries telling this monk about such details, for as the voice of the temple would it be unreasonable for him to know or not. If anyone could answer this question, he doubted that they were would be very many at that. He could of hoped that this would not cause any problems for him, but he suppose that nothing could truly be that big of a problem for he had nothing to tie him to being harmed or troubled by the monk before him. If Etsu had anything valuable, he definitely wasn't showing it off, he didn't have any important friends to recall that could be used by the monk and if he had any family still alive, he would have to find them in the chaos that was the barrens. So the only thing left to think about, was what good could come of this rather than all of the bad and negative things. Etsu supposed that he was a very optimistic person, rather than a person that saw the downsides of things, may they be important or not.

Eclipse

Back to top Go down

Post by Rammus Triggon Wed May 14, 2014 3:02 pm

"There are legends," Rammus though again back to the warriors Black and White. "But none I have ever witnessed, however I can say I believe it to be plausible." The tall monk said. "Things we cannot see are often just as real as let's say, fire." Rammus spoke as he  raised his hand palm to the sky. Just as he said the word fire, a small flame would form on the tip of each of his fingers. He assumed the mercenary was asking because he had either witnessed such an act, or otherwise was capable of such things and Rammus would need to prod further if Etsu did not explain himself. He would give him that courtesy

The monk would quickly put out his flames and place him palm down. The monk had a few other questions he also did want to shoot at the strange man, "If your a mercenary how come you are all the way out here in the desert. Why not Disponia, they give the best paying jobs in the kingdoms and you look like a man who could fair decently in a fight against a sub-human." Rammus hoped to gain more insight than what he simply asked with the question, and began to think he may have someone to bring back to the temple. The Teacher would be pleased, at least he hoped he would.
Rammus Triggon
Rammus Triggon

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclipse Wed May 14, 2014 9:13 pm

"Legend huh, I suppose there can always lie truth in them." He stated in response to the answer that he was given. It made sense to him now, that maybe he too would be something of a legend, it amused Etsu's mind and his smile grew a tad bit bigger as things proceeded forward. He watched Rammus as he used fire from his hands and Etsu neither jumped back surprised or stuck in awe for it wasn't something new to him since his training to be a part of the police forces. To be exact, he actually took a step forward to be observe it more closely, the fact that there was a flame for each finger caught his attention once more as interesting but he dismissed it and understood once more that this man was also a manipulator. Something just like him, but instead of the concept of chaos, he could utilize fire, which was something that he has come across a few times in his many journeys. Etsu could only guess from how this man carried himself that he wasn't one to find fear easy, he was a confident man, worthy of such a important title like The Voice of the Temple. It only reminded him, about the remembering that he was talking about earlier, would this man also make a mark in history, remembered, whether it was in legend or not. It was after these thoughts were being processed that Rammus asked another question for him answer, the important part was that it wasn't an uncommon question for him. It was something that many people were curious about regarding Etsu as a Mercenary.

"I could give a variety of answers, from there can be jobs found elsewhere, to I go where ever this broken compass points, but since you have been such a kind person even though you are quite a curious one, I'll give show to reason number 1 as to why I don't stay around Disponia." He explained and the winds around them grew in anger as chaos reigned supreme in the area as Etsu let it flow out of him, and what had been concentrating in the sky was now taking full form, those that took notice from the gates were struck with fear for what they saw and some began to run for cover or a home to hide in. It inflicted only chaos for those that found it as a massive storm cloud laid over head and only rain began to pour, but thunder could be easily noted overhead. Even within the desert it was quite odd for such to occur, but Etsu was trying to inflict Chaos on the area and sadly ever person could be caught for the time being. If it weren't for the fact that everything was coming out of place and alerted by the odd and horrific event. But by the time thing were drawing in for the big bang, Etsu was already trying to call things back into himself, and so only a small shower would come down from the sky, and hopefully, the cause that he had inflicted could be recovered from the people of this town. But Rammus should of seen, even though rain wasn't a major concern in most cases, it threw these people through a frenzy of terror and confusion. Following as everything was residing, Etsu tried to explain this carefully to Rammus what occured and how he was connected to it.

"I was told long ago in the barrens and in Carish that I manipulated something that couldn't be easily defined like other elements. It can cause disasters, and order to be broken quite easily, for such I have had it be called many things, but I call it Chaos, nothing more and nothing less."

"Just now I fluctuated the amount of chaos within me and the area that we are in, it helps my mind a bit, I'm not certain of the effects of holding chaos within my body, but I know that if I given it will be nothing kind. I wish I could say it more simpler but there is still very little that I understand of it, operating it take a bit of my power as it does for everyone else, but how to utilize it, can be so much more different. So just like you, I don't step into that country for the sake of not being killed, I might go wherever I am lead, but I'm certain to not try and stay there. " He added to help explain better.

"You said there were legends, would I be able to learn more of them at the Temple?" He asked still curious of that fact.

Eclipse

Back to top Go down

Post by Rammus Triggon Sun May 18, 2014 10:01 pm

Rammus nodded, soaking all the information in. "I see." Was all he replied, this was easily unheard of and The Teacher would want to meet him. "Yes you could, The Teacher would be most pleased to meet you. Maybe even convince you to join our brotherhood, though at your age I doubt much could be done to make you a true monk until you are well aged." He laughed, as if what he said would be a joke to anyone but himself. The monk pondered on what chaos was capable of, and at the same time began to fear for this boy. Chaos at it's core was uncontrollable, at least completely. He can only imagine what it must do to him to move such a force. In his mind it must be impossible to control anything as such with finesse, but do little more than point it in the right direction and hope for the best because it was chaos, and anything could happen.

However, these were contemplation's for the The Teacher, not Rammus. The Teacher will know what t do with this lad, and whatever his verdict is shall be carried off. Even if it meant execution, which was improbable. The Teacher was a kind man, but also a practical one. If there was a chance this man was powerful to disrupt the balance, someone would have to do something and that someone would be The Teacher, and hell, even if they wanted to they couldn't stop him.

"If you want, I am leaving within the hour to return to the temple and I can take you with me. I finished my business here yesterday and I stayed only for the local curry. The stuff is delicious."
Rammus Triggon
Rammus Triggon

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclipse Thu May 22, 2014 12:11 pm

After Etsu's far viewed display of power, he listened to what Rammus had to say in response to it and was glad that he was taking to this quite well. What occurred for Etsu after fluctuating the Chaos was like a catch 21 at the moment, for the fact that he could come out of this in amazing condition, fine condition, or various other conditions that Chaos could afflict upon him and his mind. Some of the most common mess with his thinking or senses, but he was once again certain that there was no pattern to it, this was a near certainty. The one certain thing about Chaos that Etsu noted was that very much, it was something that does exist and will always exist as such. It didn't seem to be anything significant at the moment or at least that he could tell, since he wasn't really doing much in the first place, but things could always be waiting for a proper moment. Although all of this was the madness and slight logic that Etsu tried to make for himself to refer to when dealing with, the little or much that he could often do to sedate the effects. It is often noted that Etsu can't see as far as the normal person anymore, but the thing about this was that as he entered police training, he was noted with normal or even above average eyesight, but now, and shortly after then, he was regarded for his poorer than average sight. One of the effects that he believe Chaos will forever have effect him and even if he dispelled Chaos from his body, the damage done, would never be repaired, unless on the off chance Chaos wanted to be very kind to him, one day.

He tried his best to stay focused, but something was catching his attention, he wasn't quite sure and to be exact he was feeling quite a bit weak now. [color=orange]"Becoming a monk? I suppose I haven't considered that route...., mostly because I feel my abilities would unsettle many at the temple than make things easier, it's also why I left the Police forces in Carish, my abilities are safe from everyone else in only one place, The Barrens."Etsu stated trying to hold himself together. He could only hope that Rammus didn't need to be told why since it was after all the barrens, a place that they both have fought most likely. The disasters that strike there, could be known as something not out of the usual or at least, not the worst thing you could run into out in that place. As Rammus spoke of the local curry, Etsu's stomach rumbled a little and he understood the effect that Chaos had placed upon him, it sapped his strength or at least, it sucked away all of the energy out of practically, he was pretty much reaching a state of deep hunger. It was something that he had encountered once before and it was along the lines of sense and Etsu's being to work. [i]"I suppose, I'll still come with you because my intentions are to hear those legends at the very least, but do you think we can try to get some of that curry? It seems that more energy than I expected got used up just a bit ago." He stated and he would wait for Rammus's response, hopefully they would move fast, before things got worse maybe.

Eclipse

Back to top Go down

Post by Rammus Triggon Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:17 pm

"You need not become a monk to stay with us, but if you choose our way of life we will welcome you to our family with open arms." Rammus said, then adding. "The Temple is much better than the Barrens. Your ability will be trained and we will make sure you stay safe along with everyone around you. If you want, for safety sake, we can give you a room that is more solitary than others. The Temple is bigger than you've been told." He motions for Etsu to follow and moved deeper into the city. He did not go far, only a block or two before getting to the curry shop, where he ordered a vegetarian curry. Something to note as he walked along, any open flame, be it candle or street lamp, were immediately lit when Rammus walked close to them and after a certain distance they were snuffed out. Something Rammus was only aware of in the back of his mind. To him it was a practice, like a form of focus. When they reached the curry place every light in the room was lit, and stayed that way.

"If you are ok with it, we can leave immediately after our meals." He said as he allowed Etsu to order and waited for his own food. As he waited, the flames in the room began to twist and spiral into a spring like formation, while remaining small. The made a corkscrew motion from spinning slowly, a neat trick. Emphasized by the fact that Rammus was looking at none of the flames.
Rammus Triggon
Rammus Triggon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum