Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fellow Sites

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Earth's Mightiest Heroes // A SuperWhoAvengeLock RP
Core/Virtue Magic, And Void Runner Lore EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 4:39 am by Guest

» Fujin (WIP)
Core/Virtue Magic, And Void Runner Lore EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 8:28 pm by Elodie

» ZapdosZulu, pokemon RP
Core/Virtue Magic, And Void Runner Lore EmptyWed May 13, 2015 1:20 pm by Guest

» The Mysste Region [lb] - Pokemon Roleplay
Core/Virtue Magic, And Void Runner Lore EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 5:05 am by Guest

» Mirage Hearts: Kingdom Hearts Alternate
Core/Virtue Magic, And Void Runner Lore EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 12:39 pm by Guest

» The Month System
Core/Virtue Magic, And Void Runner Lore EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 3:41 pm by Leo

» Great Escapes lead To Greater Beginnings
Core/Virtue Magic, And Void Runner Lore EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 11:58 pm by Ptolemy Ravenway

» Never Dream of...
Core/Virtue Magic, And Void Runner Lore EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 7:37 pm by Riley Oran

» The Continuity System
Core/Virtue Magic, And Void Runner Lore EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 1:26 pm by Riley Oran

» Akrasia: Fantasy Wolf RPG
Core/Virtue Magic, And Void Runner Lore EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 9:37 pm by Guest

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 65 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:43 am
Statistics
We have 92 registered users
The newest registered user is meryil

Our users have posted a total of 1860 messages in 540 subjects

Core/Virtue Magic, And Void Runner Lore

+2
Riley Oran
Artless_Artist
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Core/Virtue Magic, And Void Runner Lore Empty Core/Virtue Magic, And Void Runner Lore

Post by Artless_Artist Mon May 05, 2014 9:53 pm

As i've come to notice; Magic: The Gathering is actually quite capable of mixing with this site's lore with a minimal amount of difficulty; however, i find a lack of knowledge of Omniversal Mana.

What i mean by that is, while each world might have magic; each world runs differently than the next; including Synchronization with the worlds. I would like to ask if it is entirely possible to base an entire magic school that could be used on every world; provided the knowledge?

This magic would be immensely powerful; for the simple fact i would like it to run in tandem with MTG; and also what i, myself, believe that everything are created out of, and that is

Creation, Knowledge, Ambition, Emotion, and Instinct.

or White, Blue, Black, Red, and Green (Spirit, Water, Death/Void, Fire, and Nature.)

Oddly enough; Each has two ally 'colors' and two 'enemy' colors; and could directly conflict with Weaknesses/Strengthes; or even different character personalities (A blue aligned person would favor white (Thoughtfulness and Progress) and black-aligned people (Deceit and Manipulation), but would conflict with red aligned folk because of simple Fire Vs. Water, or Logic Vs. Emotion, or a Green-aligned person; (The artificial vs. Yhe natural, and illusion vs. reality))

It is also Nature; or Prime Elemental Magic, and works differently than other Elemental Mana with the Fact that many are most attuned to their own element; and can function at a better rate that others that wouldn't, and that Prime Elemental Mana relies on Mana from the world around them. (can't cast fire magic without being near heat) but is also needed from a direct source of nature (being a Water Elemental Mage with a canteen of water won't be able to cast half as powerful magic as one near an ocean or river.

Before i go on a rant about this, would anyone like to place some imput?

Last edited by Artless_Artist on Tue May 06, 2014 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Artless_Artist
Artless_Artist

Back to top Go down

Core/Virtue Magic, And Void Runner Lore Empty Re: Core/Virtue Magic, And Void Runner Lore

Post by Riley Oran Mon May 05, 2014 9:59 pm

That already exists. It's called Sin Magic.

The point with have only one kind of magic that is unaffected by dimensional travel is to have a kind of crippling effect on certain characters that it doesn't really fit.

That said, it intrigues me. My knowledge is fairly limited on Magic: The Gathering, and if a character existed that modified sin magic to operate under these parameters that would be a treat. 

If not, there would need to be an explanation of how this Omniversal Mana came into existence. Nothing in the Omniverse was ever really "there", it came from somewhere. Dimensions were created during the Zero Moment. Gods, angels, demons, energy beings and mortals came from the infinite lives event. Sin Energy came from millions of years of mortal minds emitting negativity, ect.
Riley Oran
Riley Oran

Back to top Go down

Core/Virtue Magic, And Void Runner Lore Empty Re: Core/Virtue Magic, And Void Runner Lore

Post by Kate Mon May 05, 2014 10:08 pm

I feel the system in place is just fine and would rather not mix in magic the gathering, but that's just my personal opinion
Kate
Kate

Female

Job/hobbies : Job: Own me own business Top Hobby: RPing

Humor : “I know it's difficult to look past my brilliant tail, brain and looks, but I also have excellent ears and eyes.”

Birthday : 1994-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloth Mon May 05, 2014 10:16 pm

I'd rather not take anything canon, from any series, at any point, ever.

I can appreciate a new system of magic, but not the direct transfer of MTG's magic, rules, and etc. I wouldn't mind you constructing something similar, I suppose.
Sloth
Sloth

Profile : Sloth || A-Sin Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Artless_Artist Mon May 05, 2014 10:25 pm

I wholeheartedly agree; although i am currently trying to create something similar; apologies if i use that particular material for reference.

and yes astral; your opinion is welcomed; although if i find more that dislikes this; i have no qualms about going a more direct way about getting such abilities;

Forcing the Omniverse to my will with my characters; since that will allow me to RP out the creation much better, and possibly find new angles to play at than what i would on a Thread~

REGARDLESS.

I will still do this thread, if only for seeing what i might need to work on in terms of Originaling the Material.

(Apologies for making it seem like it was Snappish; >_<)
Artless_Artist
Artless_Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloth Mon May 05, 2014 10:37 pm

Well, there is already Sin Magic, which can be used (with consequence, if applicable) by any being across any dimension. If this magic spawned from negative energy, then perhaps there would be magic that spawns from positive energy?

That could be the birth of the magic you're going for. An opposite, unless it already exists. The opposite would likely be something that, maybe, mortals could more readily use? There'd likely be a drawback somewhere for some species, but I'd rather not get too far ahead of myself if the opposite type of magic already exists.
Sloth
Sloth

Back to top Go down

Post by Artless_Artist Mon May 05, 2014 10:52 pm

Indeed; which i want to play into a possibly ability few might have to use that 'positive' magic; and that is Ignited Sparks; which i believe are much different than a normal one. Ignited Sparks tap into a persons inner abilities; although like most planeswalkers; it is a extremely rare; and sometimes extremely destructive occurence when it happens. (Chandra's Ignition blew up an entire village if im not mistaken)

Planeswalker's (which could be Voidrunner's if having the Planeswalker name is bothersome)

It also destroys a person's mortal form; becoming a entity that can pass through the void into other dimensions with some difficulty; and disconnect their spark from the Core; becoming Quasi-Immortal and having Freedom from Fate.

I dunno; And im being at all honest here, would you think it better to RP this out; or continue with this thread? if it'd be better to RP this out; i could use this topic instead for gathering possible drawbacks and strengths instead. >.>
Artless_Artist
Artless_Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloth Mon May 05, 2014 11:14 pm

imo, VoidRunners is a cooler name.

I don't think it should be RP'd out, unless you want to make that the first instance. I assume, it'd be added to the general lore of the site.

Honestly, if you don't mind, I'd like to take part in this once it goes through. ;D

Anyway, I wouldn't say 'Positive' Magic. Just for clarification, so people who don't know aren't confused, Sin Magic is magic, which stems from negative energy. The effects can be positive, whereas the new magic would be ___ Magic and would stem from positive energy, but it could still do negative things.

I'm sure you knew, but it's an important different for those who aren't informed on that aspect of the site.

I think, I also enjoy hearing myself speak too, so. Haha.
Sloth
Sloth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloth Tue May 06, 2014 3:58 am

Sin Magic is the use of Sin Energy (Negative Energy) to perform magic. By contrast, Virtue Magic is the use of Virtue Energy (Positive Energy) to perform magic.

Sin Eaters are corporeally born creatures, which feed off the negative energy, and emotions, of other beings. This gives us two thematic words: 'Negative' & 'External'.

Virtue Eaters are corporeally born creatures, which feed off the positive energy, and emotions, of other beings.
This gives us two thematic words: 'Positive' & 'External'.

We can conclude, Virtue Eaters never existed, went extinct due to lack of resources & food supply, are as common as Sin Eaters, or evolved into Sin Eaters after nearly starving to death.

Mortals the Sin Eaters feed off of become self destructive in nature, which makes them prey.
This gives us two thematic words: 'Negative' & 'Internal'.

To draw the parallel from Void Runner to Sin Eater, which I personally want to do, since they use opposites of magic, we would be using the contrasting thematic words: 'Positive' & 'Internal'.

Sin Eaters feed off the external, negative, energies of others. They are also highly attuned with The Void, another external force.

In order to draw more of a contrast, Void Runners would be mortals, who have become highly attuned with their own Spark. After becoming attuned with their Spark, they gain access to the Virtue Magic, which is the embodiment of their connection to The Core.

This brings the contrast full circle.
Sin Eaters are corporeal beings, which feed on the external, negative, energy from other entities, while drawing their power from The Void.

Void Runners are physical beings, which feed on internal, positive, energy, from themselves, while drawing their power from their connection with The Core. Their positive energy and awareness being the catalyst of their power, the same way one would require knowledge and skill to use The Void.

This also allows ONLY those with Sparks connected to the Omniverse to become Void Runners, while still promoting the same existential issues using Sin Magic would.

This also prevents Void Runners from needlessly having Freedom, since I didn't want another race to have it, for the sake of having it. It also draws another contrast between a Sin Eater's Freedom and a Void Runner's Fate.

I hope all of that makes sense and is thematically interesting. Anyway, aside that, we have to discuss how Virtue Magic and Sin Magic interact. Since they're opposites, Yin & Yang, I'd suggest them being super effective against each other; equal counters.

We also need to discuss origins and lore, but I'm kind of brain dead after rewriting this a couple times in order to make this easier to digest. Hopefully, it worked.
Sloth
Sloth

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Oran Tue May 06, 2014 8:07 am

Actually, Angels are powered by Virtue.

Virtue is a thing that exists as a power source, but it's so minor and inconsequential because a long time ago, mortal minds became very prone to negative versus positive. Angels are strengthened by actions performed that make a person feel just, virtuous, happy, or some form of positive emotion. 

So it actually does exist. Just not in huge amounts.
Riley Oran
Riley Oran

Back to top Go down

Post by Artless_Artist Tue May 06, 2014 12:47 pm

Alright; these are a lot of ideas; a lot of which i personally enjoy. 

I agree wholeheartedly about Void Vs. Virtue magic; and for Lore; i suppose we could start how a Void Runner's Fate is different from another; or if it's not. 

As for magic; since it deals more with The Core and one's Attunement to their spark than Virtuousness; we could call it Core Magic, instead.

another few for Origin's and Lore; is there any possible way the Core itself might have caused this? also; Attunement to ones spark shouldn't happen willy-nilly, and restating my earlier opinion about being a possibly destructive event; depending on the Void Runner; what about elements? should there be Distinct Elements for it? or would it be different depending on ones environment?
Artless_Artist
Artless_Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloth Tue May 06, 2014 2:28 pm

To my knowledge, more often than not, everyone's Fate is different.

I agree with the idea of Core magic, since Virtue is a thing. After all, the way I explained, it makes more sense to call it that. They do draw their power from The Core, due to their attunement with their own spark.

Yeah, I imagined someone's attunement being similar to how you explained it. That was my intent with it, since it is rare and dangerous.

I see Core magic being as diverse and Sin and Virtue magic. There isn't a specific elemental alignment over all, but different people can have affinities based on their nature or their environment.
Sloth
Sloth

Back to top Go down

Post by Artless_Artist Tue May 06, 2014 6:38 pm

As A Recap:

Core Magic: An Omniversial Mana that draws power from the Core of the Omniverse. Immensely powerful; it can be wielded by very few, and is activated with Concentration; like most magic’s. Versatile in Elemental Natures, it actually relies on one’s own nature or environment.

Void Runners: Okay, SO; Void Runners are primarily physical entities; which feed from their own internal energy; while drawing power from their connection with The Core. A Void Runners own energy and awareness being catalysts of their power. ONLY sparks connected to the Omniverse can become Void Runners; while still promoting the same existential issues that using Sin Magic would. It is also both strong, and weak against Void Magic, acting as a counterbalance.

I might have gotten that wrong; and if i did, tell me. >.>

So while we have what it is, and how it works; we need how it came to be.

Also; how would it work with Artificials, unless there is their own spot in lore; but I always considered them Sparkless in a sense. possibly overthinking it but anyway-

Could the Core itself be responsible for the Creation of Core Magic, and Void Runners?
Artless_Artist
Artless_Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloth Tue May 06, 2014 6:47 pm

Yeah, you got that right. I actually worded it like that so artificial Sparks can't become Void Runners, unless they connected to The Core.

What would The Core have done to create a Void Runner? As in, what idea did you have for it initially? It'd likely be some sort of notable event.
Sloth
Sloth

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Oran Tue May 06, 2014 10:25 pm

If I could chime in on the subject of the core:

While this is not exactly Omnisituational, the core is able to identify beings and endow them with great power as guardians of a sort of balance. Think of it as a defense mechanism. The Omniverse needs things to stay in balance. The Core knows basically everything, because all of the information of the Omniverse that has ever existed at any point in time flows through it. 

So, at random, it would definitely empower people. These individuals would be even older than Cain, who could be seen as the final form of a "Void Runner" I guess.

If that doesn't really make sense, then pardon my ramblings.
Riley Oran
Riley Oran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloth Tue May 06, 2014 10:33 pm

In that case, there would have to be a definitive difference between Void Runner and God, aside just power. If there isn't a noticeable different between them, then there would only be one or the other, since The Core granted Cain with godhood.

Void Runners would have to be able to contribute something Gods could not, and vice versa. Then again, this is me just trying to make sense of your rambling. My counter-ramblings may also be ignored. lol.
Sloth
Sloth

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Oran Tue May 06, 2014 10:38 pm

Well keep in mind, up until Cain none of the Gods served the Core. Think of Gods and Void Runners as being separate, and Cain being a knot that ties them together.

Beyond that, I'm literally too tired to say
Riley Oran
Riley Oran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloth Wed May 07, 2014 1:16 am

If The Void can make someone a God, such as Cain, then why wouldn't it do that, opposed to creating a Void Runner?

Perhaps, Cain, as a God, cannot be stripped of his power by The Void, unlike Void Runners.

Also, maybe Void Runners are an active force which interfere with dimensions, unlike Gods? This might provide an interesting dynamic.

Gods are only inclined to follow the will of The Void because of Cain's Basic Order or something along those lines. The Void Runners could be a potential force designed to keep them in check, if they ever decided to run rampant.

Cain would essentially be the knot, and communication, between both sects, as you've mentioned.

I dunno. I was going somewhere with this, but I lost it. Hopefully, someone draw some sense from this.
Sloth
Sloth

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Oran Wed May 07, 2014 8:58 am

Honestly, you make a fine point. It may be simply that the resources never existed for Cain to come into being in a normal circumstance. The Core itself was never able to create anything beyond the dimensions.

Basically, Cain was created due to a specific set of circumstances:

It makes a certain amount of sense for there to be some force that exists outside the bounds of the basic order doctrine that Cain acknowledges, especially because he would have to accept that they could go over his head on some matters.

And that also makes sense then. Cain's back-up plan if the Gods went mad was Jinsei, though the Core may have already thought of it and developed and effective counter measure.
Riley Oran
Riley Oran

Back to top Go down

Post by Artless_Artist Wed May 07, 2014 12:42 pm

So the Void Runners would be a chaotically aligned contingency plan; but what of the Void Runner's that wish more of the antagonistic route; or would it still act the same way? I mean, if the Core believes in balance; than it has to believe in Too Much Good, or Too Much Evil, correct?
Artless_Artist
Artless_Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Oran Wed May 07, 2014 12:48 pm

Good and evil are ultimately mortal concepts that the Core pays little heed too. Order and Chaos are the more primary things that it enforces.

Think of it this way: the Core will never create a situation that places the Omniverse in jeopardy of total annihilation. Sometimes too much Order strangles the life out of whole worlds, while too much Chaos leads to wanton destruction. It's a constant balancing act of a truly neutral force acting on it's environment in an attempt to maintain homeostasis. 

While the Void Runners may have different personal goals, they still would need to pay heed to their higher purpose. 

Antagonists are just as important as Protagonists, after all.
Riley Oran
Riley Oran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloth Wed May 07, 2014 3:40 pm

So, Cain is a product of special circumstance, not The Core's typical solution for beings that would, which would be to create Void Runners.

What events transpired to cause The Core to create Void Runners? Also, HOW would The Core create Void Runners?

Artless and I discussed maybe Coral Flares, similar to solar flares from the Sun, which would be caused by a WHOLE person reconnecting with The Spark of Life?

Just tossing ideas out there.
Sloth
Sloth

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Oran Wed May 07, 2014 11:17 pm

Well, it might be more simple than that. The Core is hinted to have some vague form of sentience and intelligence, though the full extent of it is undisclosed. 

Think about it like this: The Closest thing to a Void Runner that has existed is Ryuu, a man who literally became a God because of another set of specific circumstances. 

What if Void Runners had a specific item that was imbued with the Essence of the Core? Similar to Dragonbane being made from the Core, but not as powerful. 

Say, these artifacts were objects representative of something important to the person, thus the specific reason the person was chosen and empowered.

Perhaps these artifacts contained the beings power. Think about it like this: the Core gave these beings power, and of course it can take them away. Should a problem occur with that, it would need an easier method to revoke the power of the beings than a Break Event.

Destruction of the object would remove the power from the individual, and willful transfer of the object would let the power shift over generations, if the Core allowed it.

As for what would necessitate the creation of Void Runners? Just look at the state of the Omniverse before the basic Order. Suhb's empire, energy beings being slaughtered, Gods running rampant, the Dalnigaril, and in general an abuse of power by the infinitely more powerful beings.
Riley Oran
Riley Oran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloth Wed May 07, 2014 11:43 pm

The issue I have with that is the artifact then becomes external, opposed to internal. Unless these artifacts are manifestations of their internal connection, in which case their destruction would only be symbolic, but not necessary.

But, that's just my personal preference, since I really wanted to make them contrast Sin Eaters greatly.
Sloth
Sloth

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Oran Wed May 07, 2014 11:47 pm

Right, I get that, but that seems as though that would be difficult to do. 

You could say that Sin Eaters are exclusively Selfish, focusing on their needs for survival no matter the cost.

Some Void Runners could be that way too. The question then, is why are they a Void Runner?
Riley Oran
Riley Oran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next