Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fellow Sites

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Earth's Mightiest Heroes // A SuperWhoAvengeLock RP
New Dimension: Assalia EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 4:39 am by Guest

» Fujin (WIP)
New Dimension: Assalia EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 8:28 pm by Elodie

» ZapdosZulu, pokemon RP
New Dimension: Assalia EmptyWed May 13, 2015 1:20 pm by Guest

» The Mysste Region [lb] - Pokemon Roleplay
New Dimension: Assalia EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 5:05 am by Guest

» Mirage Hearts: Kingdom Hearts Alternate
New Dimension: Assalia EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 12:39 pm by Guest

» The Month System
New Dimension: Assalia EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 3:41 pm by Leo

» Great Escapes lead To Greater Beginnings
New Dimension: Assalia EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 11:58 pm by Ptolemy Ravenway

» Never Dream of...
New Dimension: Assalia EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 7:37 pm by Riley Oran

» The Continuity System
New Dimension: Assalia EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 1:26 pm by Riley Oran

» Akrasia: Fantasy Wolf RPG
New Dimension: Assalia EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 9:37 pm by Guest

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 65 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:43 am
Statistics
We have 92 registered users
The newest registered user is meryil

Our users have posted a total of 1860 messages in 540 subjects

New Dimension: Assalia

3 posters

Go down

Yes or No?

New Dimension: Assalia I_vote_lcap100%New Dimension: Assalia I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 3 ]
New Dimension: Assalia I_vote_lcap0%New Dimension: Assalia I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

New Dimension: Assalia Empty New Dimension: Assalia

Post by Solomon Black Fri May 02, 2014 1:37 pm

Lore

Assalia is a world where the dark ages never truly ended, kings and kingdoms are scattered across the world and because of the power of manipulation they never really had the need for great technology and weapons so they for the most part never truly got past the knights in shining armor era.

Despite there being many different small kingdoms, three main ones cover the majority of lands. Carish, the Desert Kingdom, that while lacking in a strong invading force use the desert, strict laws and militiant police force to keep themselves safe. Desponia, the Black Kingdom, home of the strongest Mercenary force in the world and number one place for any sword for hire to get work. Despite being the largest war economy based Kingdom, they avoid confrontation and prefer to keep any law breakers in the Black Depths, a maze like prison underneath the city. Finally Willian, the Kingdom of Merchants, a place where every seller and buyer would call home and the richest kingdom of all but also the most dirty and corrupt. Do not be caught unattended in an alleyway. There was a fourth kingdom long ago, but it was wiped out in a act that is called The Shattering. It was so long ago no one knows much else, but it is a country sized barren landscape now and is simple called The Barren.

Finally of note is the Temple. The Temple is a city sized temple, home of most manipulators and is where they are trained to harness their power and become monks. They keep the other kingdoms from warring too much and have been doing so for hundreds of years. The Temple also protects the breach to the Void, which is deep in tunnels beneath it.

Magic

In Assalia there is no real magic, there is however elemental manipulation through sheer force of willpower that is capable because of a small tear in the wall of the universe that connects directly to the Void and the leak of energy had allowed the human beings to have evolved with a capability to use willpower to bend the basic elements. Most humans will never have a powerful enough will to control the elements but enough do.

Manipulation is usually only capable of one or two elements to extremely varying amounts. The ability to create real fire and control it, or water, or control wind, move the earth, metal, ect. A simple yet complex concept. One may be able to bend the elements to create a giant flaming tornado, and others can barely snuff out a flame it all depends on the strength of ones will.

Last edited by Solomon Black on Fri May 02, 2014 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Solomon Black
Solomon Black

Back to top Go down

New Dimension: Assalia Empty Re: New Dimension: Assalia

Post by Artless_Artist Fri May 02, 2014 1:44 pm

I actually enjoy this, although i hope thats not all of the lore that will be appearing?
Artless_Artist
Artless_Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Black Fri May 02, 2014 1:47 pm

No this is just the base concept. There is more to the history/world/ and magic I will be adding after.
Solomon Black
Solomon Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Oran Fri May 02, 2014 2:01 pm

So basically, a medieval world with limited elemental bending. Because it relates to the void, should we assume that the beings here use Sin Energy?

Are there any other "major" species aside from humans present in this world?

Being that the void is full of the oldest, most "mature" Sin Energy that can exist, have the beings suffered any negative consequences? Usually there are health consequences to manipulating sin energy, and long term exposure to large amounts has usually seen illness or physical damage occur to mortal forms. How have they adapted to this?

Relating to the above, about how long has the breach been active? Given it's duration, it may not have been open long enough for any detrimental effects.

Second, who opened the tear to begin with? Are they alive or dad now?
Riley Oran
Riley Oran

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Black Fri May 02, 2014 2:14 pm

So basically, a medieval world with limited elemental bending. Because it relates to the void, should we assume that the beings here use Sin Energy? In my mind, it is less that they use sin energy and more that sin energy has kinda side-routed the human evolution to just be capable of such feats.

Are there any other "major" species aside from humans present in this world? Yes, but they are sub-human and I will answer it more in your next question.

Being that the void is full of the oldest, most "mature" Sin Energy that can exist, have the beings suffered any negative consequences? Usually there are health consequences to manipulating sin energy, and long term exposure to large amounts has usually seen illness or physical damage occur to mortal forms. How have they adapted to this? This is a rare case that such a small amount of Sin energy had leaked, and over such a shorttime that most life on this world had simply has not had enough time to get the effects. Unexplained deaths to an overdose of energy but most of all a creation of subhumans that are addicted to Sin energy and twisted into monsters.

Relating to the above, about how long has the breach been active? Given it's duration, it may not have been open long enough for any detrimental effects. Ten thousand years.

Second, who opened the tear to begin with? Are they alive or dad now? A being capable of breaching, that long ago died and something managed to keep this breach open, like a pebble in a door. Barely a crack, but it lets a draft in nonetheless.
Solomon Black
Solomon Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Oran Fri May 02, 2014 4:04 pm

Alright, that answers most of my questions, but there are still two I want to focus on.

The first one is the evolution of humans. I want to understand: so, they've evolved to have various forms of Elekenesis is what I understand, such as Pyrokenesis and Aquakenesis. What is the exact function of this? I would assume that there was some kind of extraordinary force that enables them to act upon the elements, so what would it be?

What are these sub-humans? Are they the only sub-human species, or are their multiple?
Riley Oran
Riley Oran

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Black Fri May 02, 2014 4:12 pm

The first one is the evolution of humans. I want to understand: so, they've evolved to have various forms of Elekenesis is what I understand, such as Pyrokenesis and Aquakenesis. What is the exact function of this? I would assume that there was some kind of extraordinary force that enables them to act upon the elements, so what would it be? My view of it was more, they understand that the universe in malleable. A person would use their own mental energy, mixed with the energy that is just always around us to use this elekenesis. Meaning they can use a little of their energy mixed with the energy that is already there to do a lot, with a little.

What are these sub-humans? Are they the only sub-human species, or are their multiple?
Basically people who have had a overexposure to Sin-energy that has turned them rabid and transformed them in various ways. Myths of Werewolves and Vampires, Snake people and monsters are all people who's minds and bodies have been warped. They are all Sub-human.
Solomon Black
Solomon Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Oran Fri May 02, 2014 4:14 pm

Alright, that answers my questions.

Anybody else have anything they need to ask?
Riley Oran
Riley Oran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down