Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fellow Sites

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Earth's Mightiest Heroes // A SuperWhoAvengeLock RP
Let the Ashes Settle EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 4:39 am by Guest

» Fujin (WIP)
Let the Ashes Settle EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 8:28 pm by Elodie

» ZapdosZulu, pokemon RP
Let the Ashes Settle EmptyWed May 13, 2015 1:20 pm by Guest

» The Mysste Region [lb] - Pokemon Roleplay
Let the Ashes Settle EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 5:05 am by Guest

» Mirage Hearts: Kingdom Hearts Alternate
Let the Ashes Settle EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 12:39 pm by Guest

» The Month System
Let the Ashes Settle EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 3:41 pm by Leo

» Great Escapes lead To Greater Beginnings
Let the Ashes Settle EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 11:58 pm by Ptolemy Ravenway

» Never Dream of...
Let the Ashes Settle EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 7:37 pm by Riley Oran

» The Continuity System
Let the Ashes Settle EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 1:26 pm by Riley Oran

» Akrasia: Fantasy Wolf RPG
Let the Ashes Settle EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 9:37 pm by Guest

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 65 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:43 am
Statistics
We have 92 registered users
The newest registered user is meryil

Our users have posted a total of 1860 messages in 540 subjects

Let the Ashes Settle

2 posters

:: Eden

Go down

Let the Ashes Settle Empty Let the Ashes Settle

Post by Cain Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:45 pm

This world is one of utter peace. Despite its ancient nature, Eden was one of the first dimensions that intelligent life sprang from and because of its unique circumstance one of the most beautiful dimensions in the Omniverse. It was the fusion of two different worlds, an utter catastrophe that caused unspeakable Armageddon for a time. But then, as the dust cleared a bountiful world emerged, unmatched in splendor. Two whole worlds-- one of sentient mind, and one of matter collided, and in the great Resonance the world was renewed. Lives were destroyed and rebuilt, the status-quo utterly shifted, and the beautiful world became the seat of a Tyrant.

Of course, as all Tyrant are prone to doing, he ultimately failed. Cain became the Dread God after allowing the monster's successor, his greatest friend and ally DragonBane to lay his sword into Cain's chest. The sacrifice saw that the anomaly of his past life was cleansed, and his new existence as The Core's Hand began. Cain stood within his black cloak, its frayed and tattered fabric concealing his massive form. Standing at nearly nine-feet in height, Cain seemed a monster mad man. Perhaps, it was more accurate when said the other way around. The cloak concealed Cain's face, save for the glint of light off of his acid-green eyes that held the reflection of ages within their deep stare.

Years. Cain had been alive for years. The exact measure of years escaped his grasp, but he knew that he had never been more furious with himself than he was now. Without his cloak, this dimension would have been sundered moments after he entered it. That was one thing he had done right, and now with ample time to rest he could only reflect on the other failings. It was a count-up to the most recent series, and he held himself accountable for all of it. It was the folly of a God to make a decision. The failing of one to make the wrong choice.

Contrary to what mortal creatures might believe, Gods were far from perfect beings. They had power so great that seemed endless, but Cain knew its limits. Gods can not undo: that was the limit. They can create. They can destroy. They can change. They can make amends. They can forgive, and be forgiven in turn. But some things spiraled so far out of scope that even Gods could only watch, mouths agape in horror as the situation in question became twisted beyond all rational control or logical scope. This was one of those circumstances.

Such was the reality of war. This war in particular claimed billions of sparks and the three entities were greatly perturbed. Eternity wept for her lost children, Fate for the possibilities condemned. But Death suffered the most. The three could be seen as the family of creation. There was Eternity, Guardian of the Spark. She was the mother of mothers, and gave life with as much love as she could. Fate was the Great Scale, and she organized everything and kept the Omniverse in balance. Then there was Death, the Black Shepard. The cruel, distant father to sentient life. The one who shed the most tears over the suffering of his children.

It had carried so many sparks, so many souls. It cradled them in his arms as babes, or guided them as kids by their hand. They rode his shoulders for they were to weak to travel, sharing their regrets with him while he soothed their aching spirits and tore them away from everything they loved. He was a grim shadow cast upon grieving families, come to claim the crop that Eternity had sewn. A grim reaper cloaked in misery. With this Dissident War ending, Death had never felt more a failure, as billions of his children would not receive its consolation. They had no life to return to their mother, and with the curse cast had lost everything.

They had been denied existence. It was not this that infuriated Cain, it was Death's reaction. Death needed a person to blame, and sought out the one who he could. A Dissident that fought his own kind to end their madness had been the one to succumb to Death's judgement, and was bound to the depths of the closest thing to hell there was. The Void Tower, Tartarus was a world locked within limbo where only the appointed could freely roam. Alexander was bound with mighty chains, and Cain felt bitterness welling up inside his heart.

The Dread God's presence was no secret. He had publicly announced that he was coming here for rest and reflection. Though, none had yet disturbed Cain for a variety of reason, he had no strict policy against such an act. In fact, at the moment, he would not have minded the company. Cain felt no pity for Alexander, but he was not above the capacity for mercy when concerning one who had done so much good, and especially concerning how much he had suffered in his struggle. Yet his pleas for reason fell upon deaf ears. Eternity followed Death's passed Judgement upon Alexander, and Fate was too indifferent towards an anomaly like him to care. All that Cain could do now is let the ashes settle, and hope this great fire was put out for good.
Cain
Cain
God

https://genesisproject.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Let the Ashes Settle Empty Re: Let the Ashes Settle

Post by Twilight Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:25 pm

Cain had announced he was going to Eden for rest and reflection but Twilight could tell he wanted some company. Deciding to fulfill his desire Twilight headed there as well, but like all her decisions there was selfish reasoning hidden within. She knew Cain was unhappy with Alexanders situation. She also knew Alexander was a good man and while Twilight didn't normally care about anything outside her world she did occasional intervene in situations she deems could be plausibly beneficial to her realm.

Alexander was more than just a good man he was a good man so good he deserved Twilight's recognition. Just as Cain wanted him free so to did Twilight for reasons she would keep to herself. Someone that good has influence they don't even know. He can make those around him want to be good just by being around him he doesn't have to do anything. Also he actively promotes doing good. The reason she wanted people from other realms to be good was because it meant the chance of an attack or disturbance in her realm from another was less likely.

Twilight entered the Eden to see that Cain was already there. She immediately started the small talk. "How goes it Cain?" She asked in a jubilant way that was very unlike her.
Twilight
Twilight
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:24 pm

It was a shimmer in the world that alerted Cain that another had come. The presence familiar enough, he had met this Goddess before, and was aware that she was trustworthy to at least some capacity. Truth be told, Cain, while aware of Twilight as a Goddess, had fairly limited interaction with her before now. They had met in passing, and addressed one another in passing. Still from what Cain knew of her she was a peaceful being, and desired only good to come of her region. She was also a fair God with a strong sense of duty to her people. But even with this knowledge, Cain could only guess at the reason she had for visiting him this day.

"Twilight," came his voice. It did not seem to fit his body, and though being deep seemed to belong to a being much smaller than himself. "I had announced my intentions, yet expected none would attend. Its difficult to believe such matters concern you," he told her frankly. "I was under the impression that your region of existence remained relatively safe from the Dissident War. If you have come to lecture me for it, save your words for they will be needed another time. I am already gravely aware of my folly and part in the matter." In truth, Cain could place the entire blame of the incident upon himself. It only took one mistake.

Years seemed like minutes to him. Time did not matter: this was the curse of the life of a God. All things must rot, and decay, and breakdown while they stood quietly and watched. Cain had sensed a threat, and acted to stop it. He could not have known that his actions would only exacerbate the situation, yet that was exactly the result of his meddling. "I have no doubt that you have heard about recent events," Cain told her. "Death and Eternity are frightened. Their neutrality had been lost to fear of something new. A good being has condemned as a monster." He fists clenched and the world did but slightly tremble at his buried fury.

"Yes, Alexander's power... it is both formidable and frightening to us, isn't it?" He turned his head to her. "This strength that he, and indeed all Dissident possess. The reason we could not merely wipe them out and end the threat in an instant. Freedom from the world, from The Core. I suppose it could be frightening to us." He turned his whole body now, facing her straight on. "Yet, I am not afraid. I have no cause to fear the righteous. Do you?"
Cain
Cain
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Twilight Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:45 am

"I have not come to fruitlessly scold you." Twilight replied a little offended by the presumption. "Normally I am purposely ignorant to such matter but recently something has happened I can not shield my conscious from. You know of what I speak for the same injustice troubles you as well if I am not mistaken."

Twilight then listened as Cain retold the dangers of this individual. "I agree with you full heatedly. Still mortals can be corrupted but the root of the hypothetical corruption always comes from an outside source. This is why we must still keep close tabs on him. We can only hope the seed was not planted before this present time."

Seeing Cain's emotions flare Twilight deemed this the perfect opportunity to reveal her intentions of coming here. "This injustice is intolerable. I say we take matters into our own hand and I think you'd agree. Which is why I already have a plan drawn up. If you support this decision than I shall execute said plan when I return to my realm." Twilight said hoping things would fall into place the way she had predicted.
Twilight
Twilight
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:23 am

Twilight's intentions become clear, and for but a moment Cain fell silent as he reflected upon her statement. The implications, while founded in noble intent were... bad, to be frank. The denial of Basic Order-- the Doctrine he had established himself-- was punishable by death on grounds of disturbing the balance. And yet, Twilight was no ignorant of this and she even directly confronted him with her plan. "You have great faith in me," he replied to her calmly. Beneath his hood, he was smiling.

"I, personally, can not take part of this plan." He bowed his head in regret. "My current position forbids me from taking the action I believe is proper, but you are right. Death and Eternity may well take eons to convince that none of this was Alexander's doing. It is far beyond hope that he won't be imprisoned for an unreasonable amount of time." He once more raised his eyes defiantly towards Twilight, and nodded. "You must not tell me what you intend to do," he concluded. "You and I never spoke of this. If Alexander were to somehow escape his bonds, it could simply be chalked up to his abilities..." His voice trailed, and he tried to let Twilight get his implication.

"I don't know what you intend to do," Cain told her. "If you are caught, I'll be forced to condemn it. By that same token, I can still provide you with some useful information regarding Alexander's jailers. Where ever you plan to take Alexander, you must be aware that there will be a scramble to find him. Regardless what they believe, if it looks as though he's escaped the others will believe another Dissident War looms on the horizon. I will do my best to quell them and keep them off of your trail. But that's the absolute limit of my involvement in this," he told Twilight sternly. "Alexander has suffered for my folly," he added. "It is my greatest regret that he has suffered even more."
Cain
Cain
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Twilight Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:55 am

Twilight's face returned to a neutral position though inside she was frowning. Twilight had shown some of her true colors today. She had shown she was not above breaking the rules for what is right, though actually she was not above breaking the rules for her realm. Right or wrong did not matter to her, but right did tend to more often then not benefit her goals.

Cain has shown the recent persecution he has received has effected his judgement. Instead of doing what he believed was right he chose to cower from further persecution.

Twilight felt foolish for not making sure Cain was good with the plan before revealing she had one. Twilight could only hope Cain was a man of his word. Revealing her plan had bore some fruit. Cain was right about the attention Alex would receive and Twilight had skipped over the fact. That didn't change Twilight would have no choice but to stage this in her precious realm but she would have to make modifications to the plan to arrange his immediate departure but without direct interference so there would be no trail the other gods could track to her. However Twilight feared she would have no choice but to directly involve herself in some way. She just had to make sure that way wasn't easily traceable.

"Very well. You may take solace in something will be done about it." With that Twilight took her leave. She didn't have the time to stick around for small chat. She knew the perfect candidate for this mission and Twilight would have to hurry to intercept her.
Twilight
Twilight
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:12 pm

Right and wrong were complex machinations. Every being could comprehend the idea of morality, though whether they believed in it or submitted to its guidance was their choice alone. Even further still it was totally subjective to how that being saw the world, and ultimately morality became a personal design, coded to each person that took the crusade. Cain had not chosen cowardice, only duty-- his duty to the worlds, and he did not pretend to enjoy it. If he were to be disliked and reviled, such would be his cross.

As Twilight spoke and left, Cain could only shake his head. "Your impulsiveness has revealed itself, Twilight," he said to no one. "I wanted to warn her about Eris and Izanami," he made the claim to himself. Eris and Izanami were Alexander's jailers, each of them formidable. A champion chosen among mortals would be ill-prepared for facing them if not at least informed of the God's capabilities-- something Cain knew about firsthand. He gritted his teeth and uttered a small prayer. May you be successful, he wished. They'll persecute you too if you fail.
Cain
Cain
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Eden

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum