Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fellow Sites

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Earth's Mightiest Heroes // A SuperWhoAvengeLock RP
Clockwork (WIP) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 4:39 am by Guest

» Fujin (WIP)
Clockwork (WIP) EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 8:28 pm by Elodie

» ZapdosZulu, pokemon RP
Clockwork (WIP) EmptyWed May 13, 2015 1:20 pm by Guest

» The Mysste Region [lb] - Pokemon Roleplay
Clockwork (WIP) EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 5:05 am by Guest

» Mirage Hearts: Kingdom Hearts Alternate
Clockwork (WIP) EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 12:39 pm by Guest

» The Month System
Clockwork (WIP) EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 3:41 pm by Leo

» Great Escapes lead To Greater Beginnings
Clockwork (WIP) EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 11:58 pm by Ptolemy Ravenway

» Never Dream of...
Clockwork (WIP) EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 7:37 pm by Riley Oran

» The Continuity System
Clockwork (WIP) EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 1:26 pm by Riley Oran

» Akrasia: Fantasy Wolf RPG
Clockwork (WIP) EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 9:37 pm by Guest

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 65 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:43 am
Statistics
We have 92 registered users
The newest registered user is meryil

Our users have posted a total of 1860 messages in 540 subjects

Clockwork (WIP)

2 posters

Go down

Clockwork (WIP) Empty Clockwork (WIP)

Post by Artless_Artist Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:04 pm

Clockwork
=====================================================

Outline:
 A world blending Victorian Fantasy and Space Travel, Clockwork brings a world where complex creations of brass and gears walk the streets, and massive ships outfitted with roaring metal and steam float above the skies.

Summary:  Terra is a world where Scientists and Inventors Rule, Zeppelins dominate the skies, and Clockwork creations are seen roaming the streets. But that was only the beginning...due to the collected brilliance of a group of inventors under a organization called the Children of Clockwork, The First Space-faring Dirigible was made. This came as a surprise to the world at large- Although the effort had originally failed, and is still failing even now; It shows that the Dirigibles were fully capable of being brought into space!

Geography: Terra is a fairly sized world, filled with diverse cultures and different landforms; In the east is a Mega-Archipelago, ruled under a single massive Imperial Banner of the "Taiyō no Teikoku.", or the Kingdom of the Sun; A group of Warrior Poets who find themselves in giant machines of air and metal. The Archipelago finds itself one of the very few "Green" spots of the world, unfettered by the Industrial Grip. It also holds one of the biggest navies in the world.

On the other side of the world, the west, holds three different continents, with the first one being more of a triangle of three large islands called the Tropics, which finds itself another one of the Green Spots, but filled with Aboriginal Tribes of a lower level of technology. It is rich in materials, and is often found skirmishing with one of the many countries for rights over its supplies. Along with the Triangle Tropics, there is Roma; one of the most socially and philosophically advanced countries that Terra sports; as well as one of the most combative, seconded only by the Taiyo Empire.

Races: 

Society:

Technology/Sciences: 

History:

Last edited by Artless_Artist on Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:38 pm; edited 34 times in total
Artless_Artist
Artless_Artist

Back to top Go down

Clockwork (WIP) Empty Re: Clockwork (WIP)

Post by Riley Oran Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:23 pm

Interesting so far. I can't wait to see how you expand on this further! I'll pop back into the topic periodically with questions as you add to it, but the only ones I would have had (technology related) actually have their own section, so I may not need to ask them once this is filled out.
Riley Oran
Riley Oran

Back to top Go down

Post by Artless_Artist Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:06 pm

Alright, for the Tech: what would you like to see special attention to? I plan to mix this world with Hard and Soft Science, and I will try to research all possible aims especially in Genetics and Medical Researches as I would like to make this as believable as possible (...or as much as it works for a SUPERHERO world, but yeah.)

But yeah; and not just for Tech- is there anything you want me to touch up more on? This is one of the worlds I want to refine as much as possible before I ship it out- It's actually difficult to make a proper superhero world without some sort of strong base to it.

Also, I can tell you this at least- Magic isn't a spiritual ability, its a science and a source of "Super" level power depending on the one who practices it. Not to say supernatural occurrences DON'T exist- there will be many a power that science can't explain.

(unless i should keep magic like it is...as a source of balance, probably? hmm.....)
Artless_Artist
Artless_Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Oran Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:00 pm

The magic being more of a science sounds fine for right now, but I'd need more information before I offered an actual opinion on it. Just go forward with your best judgement.
Riley Oran
Riley Oran

Back to top Go down

Post by Artless_Artist Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:01 am

EDIT: Changed Hyperion to Clockwork, Changed Futuristic Theme Combined with Superheroes to A Steampunk one~
Artless_Artist
Artless_Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Oran Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:04 pm

Interesting change. I myself really enjoy steam-punk settings and the Victorian aspects grants you a BONUS POINT. I look forward to seeing what more you do with it.
Riley Oran
Riley Oran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum